You can download or viw the new EDI strategy on line by clicking here.
Below is a short summary of the objectives and themes.
The strategy lists four fundamental long-term objectives to be achieved through five different themes/ approaches.
- Develop a robust evidence base to better understand those impediments in our systems and biases in our processes that have resulted in the under-representation in our research of some communities.
- Improve the diversity of research participants in the studies we support and the voices of those who shape our research agenda
- Embed diversity and inclusion in all our business processes.
- Address behavioural and culture change in research and the research environment
"Although representing our starting point, the themes and interventions proposed in this strategy are intended to help position NIHR to make rapid progress when and where possible for future impact and culture change."
- Become a more inclusive funder of research
- Widen access and participatino for greater diversity and inclusion
- Improve and invest in the NIHR talent pipeline
- Embed evidence-led diversity and inclusion approaches
- Collaborate with partners for impact and sustainability