Professor John Powell, Professor of Digital Health Care, been newly appointed to the NIHR College of Senior Investigators for 2021.
He joins four other NIHR Senior Investigators at ARC OxTV, including Professor Stavros Petrou, Professor of Health Economics from our 'Novel methods to aid and evaluate implementation' research theme, who was appointed for a second term.
31 new appointments were made this year, and there is a total of 200 Senior Investigators across the NIHR. Researchers are appointed as Senior Investigators due to their outstanding contribution to clinical and applied health and social care research.
They are described by the NIHR as being “among the most prominent and prestigious researchers funded by the NIHR and the most outstanding leaders of patient and people-based research.”
Their role is to provide leadership to the NIHR Faculty, promoting research and mentoring trainees. They also act as a key source of advice to the Department of Health and Social Care's Chief Scientific Advisor.
The full list of NIHR Senior Investigators that are part of ARC OxTV includes:
- Professor Richard Hobbs, NIHR ARC OxTV Director
- Professor Susan Jebb, ARC OxTV Changing Behaviours for Better Health and Preventing Disease theme co-lead.
- Professor Paul Aveyard, ARC OxTV Changing Behaviours for Better Health and Preventing Disease theme co-lead.
- Professor Cathy Creswell, ARC OxTV Mental Health across the Lifecourse theme lead.
- Professor Richard McManus, ARC OxTV Helping Patients to Manage Their Own Conditions theme lead.
- Professor Gary Ford, Oxford AHSN Chief executive and ARC OxTV Implementation lead (emeritus)